Next: D. GNU Free Documentation
Up: C. Fundamental Modeling Concepts
Previous: C.5 Levels of abstraction
FMC focuses on human comprehension of informational systems.
The key is the strict separation a very few fundamental concepts which
can always be distinguished when communicating about informational
system. Generally one should distinguish:
Essential about FMC is to distinguish:
- Didactic system models serving the communication among humans
versus analytical models serving the methodologically derivation
- System structure versus structure of system description
(e.g. program structure)
- Purpose versus implementation
FMC provides the concepts to create and visualize didactic models.
This enables people to share a common understanding of system structure
and its purpose. Therefore FMC helps to reduce costs and risks in
the handling of complex systems.
- Compositional, dynamic and value range structure
- Active and passive components
- Control state and operational state
||Apache Modeling Portal